Evaluating an interprofessional disease state and medication management review model
AffiliationUniversity of Derby
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThere is lack of literature data reporting an incorporation of medication management reviews in students’ interprofessional education (IPE) and practice programs in aged care settings. This pilot study reports how an interprofessional disease state and medication management review program (DSMMR) was established in a residential aged care facility in Perth, Western Australia. Students from the professions of nursing, pharmacy and physiotherapy focused on a wellness check in the areas of cognition, falls and continence while integrating a medication management review. Students’ attitudes were explored using a pre- and post-placement questionnaire. Students indicated positive experience with the IPE DSMMR program which also resulted in their positive attitudinal shift towards IPE and practice. These findings indicated that aged care can be a suitable setting for student interprofessional programs focusing on DSMMR.
CitationHoti, K., Forman, D., Hughes, J., 'Evaluating an interprofessional disease state and medication management review model' 2013, 28 (2):168 Journal of Interprofessional Care
PublisherTaylor and Francis
JournalJournal of Interprofessional Care
The following license files are associated with this item:
- A longitudinal study of the effect of an interprofessional education curriculum on student satisfaction and attitudes towards interprofessional teamwork and education.
- Authors: Curran VR, Sharpe D, Flynn K, Button P
- Issue date: 2010 Jan
- Silos to systems: three models for developing geriatric interprofessional education.
- Authors: Lam AY, Plein JB, Hudgins G, Stratton MA
- Issue date: 2013 Feb
- Preparing rehabilitation healthcare providers in the 21st century: implementation of interprofessional education through an academic-clinical site partnership.
- Authors: Sheldon M, Cavanaugh JT, Croninger W, Osgood W, Robnett R, Seigle J, Simonsen L
- Issue date: 2012
- Undergraduate students' perceptions of and attitudes toward a simulation-based interprofessional curriculum: the KidSIM ATTITUDES questionnaire.
- Authors: Sigalet E, Donnon T, Grant V
- Issue date: 2012 Dec
- Assessment of student interprofessional education (IPE) training for team-based geriatric home care: does IPE training change students' knowledge and attitudes?
- Authors: Reilly JM, Aranda MP, Segal-Gidan F, Halle A, Han PP, Harris P, Jordan K, Mulligan R, Resnik C, Tsai KY, Williams B, Cousineau MR
- Issue date: 2014